These blue insulated, hooded soft shell jackets were ordered by the US Antarctic Program to be issued to personnel deploying to Palmer Station and other milder areas of Antarctica. Unfortunately (but fortunately for us!) the jackets were manufactured with 22 stars rather than 50 on the American flag embroidered on the right shoulder. Therefore, this is the only product on AntarcticSurplus that is 100% brand new!
We have stock of both men and women’s sizes from Small through 2XL (be sure to calculate the appropriate size using the chart below).
Features USAP Logo & Embroidered Flag:
The jacket features the US Antarctic Program logo on the left breast, and a 22-star United States flag on the right shoulder.
This jacket is designed for cold, wet conditions and has sealed seams for waterproofing (excellent for the conditions on the Antarctic Peninsula).
Perfect as a lighter-weight companion to the famous “Big Red” Canada Goose Parka or as a great alternative for more temperate climates!
- This hooded soft shell jacket is made of 4-oz, 94/6 polyester/elastane ripstop mechanical stretch woven material bonded to 240T polyester ECHOHEAT and insulated with 2.4-oz, 100% polyester soft fill.
- Dropped back hem, elastic drawcord at the bottom hem, articulated elbows, ergonomic sleeves and adjustable cuff tabs with Velcro® closure provide a comfortable, snug fit.
- Jacket features zippered hand pockets an interior zippered pocket and mesh pocket to secure valuables.
- Welded reflective graphic details add a stylish flare and help keep them visible even at night.
- The detachable snap-off contour drawcord hood provides extra coverage and features a contrast interior.
- Suitable for cold conditions from -10°C to -22°C (14°F to -7.6°F)
OUTERSHELL: 94% Polyester 6% Elastane ripstop mechanical stretch woven with waterproof (3000mm), breathable (400g/m2) membrane and water repellent finish. 135 g/m2 (4 oz/yd2) LINING: 100% Poly ECHOHEAT body.
INSULATION: 100% Poly. 80 g/m2 (2.4 oz/yd2)
Elevate combines innovative fabrics with urban style. Elevate burst into the world stage as the 2010 Winter Olympics licensee, showcasing leading design and universal appeal. While the company bears its roots in Canada, Elevate continues to resonate with global markets today.